Thursday, September 18, 2014

USA: Oklahoma state Sen. Bennett claims American Muslims are a ‘cancer in our nation that needs cutting out’


“I’m going to talk about threat of ISIS, and the Muslim Brotherhood, and CAIR, which is right here in the state of Oklahoma. “Is there a difference between moderate and radical Islam?” he asked, before answering, “I say, ‘No.’”

Ahmadiyya Times | News Watch | US Desk
Source/Credit: The Raw Story
By Scott Kaufman | September 17, 2014

Oklahoma state Senator John Bennett (R) came under fire last week for comments he made about Muslims in America.

The Tulsa World reports that yesterday he doubled down on those comments, refusing to apologize “because I’m right, and they know I’m right.”

Bennett claims that the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) “used political pressure to make me back down, but I didn’t and I’m not going to.”

“Islam,” he began, “if you bring it up as a non-Muslim, you’re called a ‘racist,’ or a ‘bigot,’ or an ‘Islamophobe.’ That’s what I was called by CAIR.”

“But the truth is,” Bennett said, “I’m speaking the truth.”

He said that “I’ve read the Koran,” and “90 percent of it is violence. And only 10 percent of it is conciliatory, or what some would say is the ‘peaceful’ part of the Koran.”

Bennett went on to say that he would talk about “Islam, and Muslim, and what the difference is between Islam and Muslim, and what those really mean.”

“I’m going to talk about threat of ISIS, and the Muslim Brotherhood, and CAIR, which is right here in the state of Oklahoma.”

“Is there a difference between moderate and radical Islam?” he asked, before answering, “I say, ‘No.’”

After attempting to describe the difference between “Muslim and Islam,” Bennett asked, “How can I be racist against Muslims or Islam when the ethnicity is actually Arab? This is kind of confusing.”

He then said that the goal of all Muslims is “the destruction of Western civilization from within. This is a cancer in our nation that needs to be cut out,” he added, but “the media is playing right into their hands.”

Watch Bennett’s presentation courtesy of The Tulsa World below.






Read original post here: Oklahoma state Sen. Bennett: American Muslims are a ‘cancer in our nation that needs cutting out’


This content-post is archived for backup and to keep archived records of any news Islam Ahmadiyya. The views expressed by the author and source of this news archive do not necessarily reflect the views and policies of Ahmadiyya Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Any comments irrelevant to the post's subject matter, containing abuses, and/or vulgar language will not be approved.