Banten Governor Ratu Atut Chosiyah confirmed on Wednesday that Indonesia’s highest court had agreed to move the trail venue to Jakarta for safety reasons.
Ahmadiyya Times | News Watch |
Source/Credit: thejakartaglobe.com
By Camelia Pasandaran | March 23, 2011
Protests are likely after a decision by the Supreme Court to transfer the trials of those allegedly behind the bloody violence targeting the members of the Ahmadiyah sect in Cikeusik, Banten, to Jakarta.
Banten Governor Ratu Atut Chosiyah confirmed on Wednesday that Indonesia’s highest court had agreed to move the trail venue to Jakarta for safety reasons.
“As governor, I’m responsible for maintaining peace and stability in Banten,” Atut said at the Presidential Office in Jakarta. “Though I haven’t received an official response, I have been informed that the Supreme Court has approved our request.”
Atut said the province had made the request as a way of preventing further clashes between Ahmadis and residents from Cikeusik subdistrict.
Students from Islamic boarding schools in Banten have previously threatened to stage large demonstrations in Banten if trials are transferred.
Atut said the Banten Prosecutors’ Office had also requested the trials be transferred.
Protests are likely after a decision by the Supreme Court to transfer the trials of those allegedly behind the bloody violence targeting the members of the Ahmadiyah sect in Cikeusik, Banten, to Jakarta.
Banten Governor Ratu Atut Chosiyah confirmed on Wednesday that Indonesia’s highest court had agreed to move the trail venue to Jakarta for safety reasons.
“As governor, I’m responsible for maintaining peace and stability in Banten,” Atut said at the Presidential Office in Jakarta. “Though I haven’t received an official response, I have been informed that the Supreme Court has approved our request.”
Atut said the province had made the request as a way of preventing further clashes between Ahmadis and residents from Cikeusik subdistrict.
Students from Islamic boarding schools in Banten have previously threatened to stage large demonstrations in Banten if trials are transferred.
Atut said the Banten Prosecutors’ Office had also requested the trials be transferred.
Read original post here: Ahmadiyah Attack Trials Moved to Jakarta
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Top read stories during last 7 days
-
The killing comes at the heels of another murder yesterday of a young man in Malir area of Karchi. One Mr. Naveed, son of Mr. Sanaullah w...
-
Dr. Mahdi Ali had traveled to Pakistan as a volunteer to serve in rural area of Punjab and provide free healthcare to poverty-stricken peop...
-
Ashrafi posted his picture showing himself in Hajj [pilgrimage] garb and stated, “All friends should quit this discussion; those who carrie...
-
"Pakistanis celebrate end of Ramdhan by burning down Ahmadi houses, " said Imarn Jattala, chief editor of Ahmadiyya Times, in a s...
-
Event sponsors say it's their way of remembering all the lives lost on nine-eleven by saving lives through a blood drive. They're al...
Disclaimer!
THE TIMES OF AHMAD is NOT an organ of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, nor in any way associated with any of the community's official websites. Times of Ahmad is an independently run and privately managed news / contents archival website; and does not claim to speak for or represent the official views of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community. The Times of Ahmad assumes full responsibility for the contents of its web pages. The views expressed by the authors and sources of the news archives do not necessarily reflect the views and policies of the Times of Ahmad. All rights associated with any contents archived / stored on this website remain the property of the original owners.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comments. Any comments irrelevant to the post's subject matter, containing abuses, and/or vulgar language will not be approved.