Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The Gambia: Imam Fatty Fired From State Mosque Following His Anti-Ahmadi Remarks


"I have no problem with the President.  We are still good friends. My removal was meant to happen. Let no one misconstrue my removal."

Ahmadiyya Times | News Watch | Int'l Desk
Source/Credit: Freedom Newspaper
By Freedom Newspaper | November 4, 2014

Imam Fatty fired from the State House Mosque, following his call for the banning of the Ahmadiyya in the Gambia

Imam Abdoulie Fatty has confirmed his dismissal as the Imam of the StateHouse, the Freedom Newspaper can reveal. The longest serving Jammeh Imam,  has told the Freedom Newspaper in an exclusive interview on Tuesday that he received his dismissal letter today (Tuesday). " Yes I have been sacked as the Imam of the State House mosque. I was let go today. I accepted my removal in good faith. Things happen and I accepted God's divine decision. I have done my part in leading the State Mosque.  What God ordains;  no one can stop it.  I am ready to move on with my life," Imam Fatty said.

" I want to thank President Yahya Jammeh for availing me with the opportunity to lead his mosque all these years. Jammeh is a devoted Muslim and we should pray for him. He is a good man, who has the country's interest at heart. I shall continue to support President Jammeh and his government.  I have no problem with the President.  We are still good friends. My removal was meant to happen. Let no one misconstrue my removal," Imam Fatty added.

Imam Fatty's removal followed an interview he had with the Standard Newspaper, in which Fatty "has characterized the members of Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama'at in The Gambia as non-Muslims, asserting that they should be banned from propagating their faith in the territorial confines of the country."

[ more ... ]


Read original post here: The Gambia: Imam Fatty Fired From State Mosque Following His Anti-Ahmadi Remarks


This content-post is archived for backup and to keep archived records of any news Islam Ahmadiyya. The views expressed by the author and source of this news archive do not necessarily reflect the views and policies of Ahmadiyya Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Any comments irrelevant to the post's subject matter, containing abuses, and/or vulgar language will not be approved.

Top read stories during last 7 days

Disclaimer!

THE TIMES OF AHMAD is NOT an organ of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, nor in any way associated with any of the community's official websites. Times of Ahmad is an independently run and privately managed news / contents archival website; and does not claim to speak for or represent the official views of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community. The Times of Ahmad assumes full responsibility for the contents of its web pages. The views expressed by the authors and sources of the news archives do not necessarily reflect the views and policies of the Times of Ahmad. All rights associated with any contents archived / stored on this website remain the property of the original owners.