Monday, December 9, 2013

Perspective: Loving Pakistan is hard, but not impossible


For a person who expects a lot of things from his country,Pakistan is not the place for him.If you want to live here you have to forget all your expectations.

Ahmadiyya Times | News Watch | Int'l Desk.
Source/Credit: Ahmadiyya Times
By Hania Aimen Ahmad | December 8, 2013

There's this one question which I have been asked many times. How do you live in Pakistan? Don't you want to run away from here? If you are ever given a chance would you leave this country? My answer is no, a thousand times no. And I always get that surprised look on the face of the person asking me the question and he want the reasons.

For a person who expects a lot of things from his country, Pakistan is not the place for him. If you want to live here you have to forgo all your expectations. We Ahmadis in Pakistan went through a lot and by that I really mean a lot. Ahmadis here when going to their places of work do not know if they will ever return home. Life here is uncertain. Perhaps a very few people can understand what Ahmadis went through during and after the Lahore mosques attacks in 2010. It was a dreadful time which left some terrible memories. Then why I want to live here?

My grandfather taught me this one thing I'll remember the rest of my life. He told me that it's not about what your country gives you, it's about what you give to your country. And this little advice has helped me along a lot. Even after what has happened here, the law and order situation, the attacks on Ahmadis and everything else, my love has just increased and so do my prayers for Pakistan. This is what I have learned from the Ahmadiyya Islam teachings and from the sermons of my leader, the Ahmadiyya Khalifa, that we should help from God and always pray for our country. The worse the situation gets ,the more I pray for Pakistan.

People try their best to leave Pakistan, but my point of view is different. What do the people who are attacking us Ahmadis want? They want us to leave this country and if that is what we will do, in a way we will helping them achieve their goal. So I want to stay here to prove that I am not afraid of them.They can do whatever they like. I will live here because this country belongs to me just as much as it belongs to them.

Pakistan is my home.It is a part of what I am today.




---------------------
Hania Aimen Ahmad lives in Rabwah,Pakistan


  --  Perspective: "Loving Pakistan is hard,but not impossible"


This content-post is archived for backup and to keep archived records of any news Islam Ahmadiyya. The views expressed by the author and source of this news archive do not necessarily reflect the views and policies of Ahmadiyya Times.

4 comments:

  1. Nice article n great effort Hania. Keep it up.
    God bless us n our motherland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Great article wd great effort Hania. Very meaningful that "Loving Pakistan is hard, but not impossible". Keep it up.
      May Lord help every PAKISTANI to understand it nd bless our motherland.

      https://twitter.com/hania_ahsin

      Delete
  3. Running is never the answer and love for your motherland is always commendable, I agree.
    But your version of this faith was once rooted in reason and intellect.
    For all practical purposes, Pakistan and India from which Pak arose are similar except for the security situation. I encourage you to read if Ahmadis are treated the same in India - the land of Sufis, Bohris, Rawthers, Khojas, Shias, Bahai, Parsis, Jains, Sikhs, Lingayats, Jews, Assyrians, Presbyterians etc etc etc.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Any comments irrelevant to the post's subject matter, containing abuses, and/or vulgar language will not be approved.

Top read stories during last 7 days

Disclaimer!

THE TIMES OF AHMAD is NOT an organ of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, nor in any way associated with any of the community's official websites. Times of Ahmad is an independently run and privately managed news / contents archival website; and does not claim to speak for or represent the official views of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community. The Times of Ahmad assumes full responsibility for the contents of its web pages. The views expressed by the authors and sources of the news archives do not necessarily reflect the views and policies of the Times of Ahmad. All rights associated with any contents archived / stored on this website remain the property of the original owners.