Monday, July 5, 2010

Faith and Loyalty: Love of the country is part of my faith, say American Ahmadi Muslims

I can practice my faith without any fear of being imprisoned or put to death. Being a citizen of the United States of America, I thank God and our forefathers who fought for this freedom. [Tariq Malik]

Ahmadiyya Times | News Staff |
Source & Credit: Various
Compiled by Ahmadiyya Times

Pakistani immigrant proud to be American
APP.COM | July 4, 2010
By Dr. Nasir Ahmad | Tinton Falls

Today is the first Independence Day I will be celebrating as an American citizen. Born in Pakistan, I emigrated to America in 1998 and became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 2009.

I feel proud to be an American Ahmadi Muslim, because I know the Constitution protects my individual rights. Unlike in Pakistan where religious minorities are imprisoned or even executed for practicing their faith, here I freely observe my faith without any fear of persecution.


I am grateful my American-born children will never have to face the persecution that I had to endure for almost 15 years. Therefore, this July 4 I will be celebrating independence from religious tyranny for myself, and for so many others like me.

Read Original post here: Pakistani immigrant proud to be American

----------------------------------

Free to believe and celebrate today
Freep.Com | July 4, 2010
Tariq Malik | Canal Winchester, Ohio

I am an Ahmadi Muslim, and my community is subject to state-sanctioned persecution in Pakistan, where I was born.

Today, however, I can practice my faith without any fear of being imprisoned or put to death. Being a citizen of the United States of America, I thank God and our forefathers who fought for this freedom.

I am an American Muslim, and I am honored to be one. This year, I celebrate the Fourth of July because it opened the doors of religious freedom for me and my family. My faith is my life, my liberty and my pursuit of happiness. I cannot be thankful to God without being thankful to His people. May God bless America.


Read original post here: Free to believe and celebrate today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Any comments irrelevant to the post's subject matter, containing abuses, and/or vulgar language will not be approved.

Top read stories during last 7 days

Disclaimer!

THE TIMES OF AHMAD is NOT an organ of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, nor in any way associated with any of the community's official websites. Times of Ahmad is an independently run and privately managed news / contents archival website; and does not claim to speak for or represent the official views of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community. The Times of Ahmad assumes full responsibility for the contents of its web pages. The views expressed by the authors and sources of the news archives do not necessarily reflect the views and policies of the Times of Ahmad. All rights associated with any contents archived / stored on this website remain the property of the original owners.